Why Choose Nevada?
Why choose northern Nevada? It's a place to grow. Business growth. Personal growth. Financial growth. It's a perfect place to watch your kids grow. A region filled with opportunity, industry, technology, a superior quality of life and an attractive tax structure:
Nevada businesses are saying ...
'Our business has become more profitable and we are free of the numerous regulations imposed by the state we used to do business in."
'We felt like we were continuously being beat up over the ways we wanted to do business. We liked the community we lived in, but we absolutely love Nevada."
"By moving to Nevada my three hour commute became more time with my family and the ability to have family dinners every night I am not traveling."
"I was concerned about the ability to service clients from Nevada, but I can drive to any customer on the same day if there is a problem."
The Sierra Region of northern Nevada offers a mild four-season climate, world-class outdoor activities, and outstanding communities.
You're in good company - come join them.
Starbucks Roasting Plant
Vitamin Research Products
Life Enhancement Products
Sherman Williams Distribution Center
Global Sun Wind and Energy Corp
Rice Lakes Weighing Systems
Aqua Sun International
Don't listen to us - Listen to them!
New Legislation would stem wealthy flight from California Sacramento Times November 8, 2012
".. a bill which would restrict wealthy California wage earners from leaving the state without facing a large penalty assessment on their real estate and financial assets."
"California among the least business-friendly states."
LA Times January 26, 2012
"California named worst state for business 8 years in a row" Chief Executive Officer Magazine May 3, 2012
"Employees now asking companies to leave California"
California Fox & Hound April 14, 2011
CEOs were brutal in their assessment of California. Among the quotes from unnamed CEOs that Chief Executive cites:
• "California - the government is the worst in every possible way."
• "California has a great draw from a weather and location view point, but the state is so business unfriendly."
• "California, New York and Michigan...have bloated governments, are union-controlled and run significant annual budget deficits."
• "State politicians feel business and commerce are 'necessary evils' that provide the funds to enable pursuit of their misguided agendas."
• "California... has too much government who have nothing better to do than to harass businesses in the state. They need to cut the size of their regulatory bodies in half."
• "California regulations, taxes and costs will leave only tech, life sciences and entertainment as viable."
• "California has different overtime policies for its own employees vs. private sector."
• "California's taxes and ongoing changes for regulations are devastating. One never knows from day to day what new interpretation or an existing regulation or new regulation will befall your small business."
Excerpt By JAN NORMAN